Saturday, April 5, 2008

Final Four Time!

Earlier today my NCAA Champion pick, Memphis, beat UCLA to advance to the finals. Right now I'm watching one of the more exciting games I've seen in the tournament this year: North Carolina is clawing their way back against Kansas. I picked UNC to lose to Memphis, so naturally I'm rooting for them in this game, but I really don't like either UNC or Kansas.

I've been a little disappointed with the tournament this year (and not just because IU was eliminated early (again)). The teams at the top have been so dominating that several of the games were decided in the first half. I haven't run the numbers, but I'd love to see different stats on average margin of victory and number of blowouts this year compared to usual. And of course this is the first time in history that all four 1 seeds made it to the Final Four.

UNC closed to 4, then Kansas (finally) scored a few times, and now it's a five-point game. Very exciting.

Update: And then UNC stopped playing. Another blowout.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Some of the players on the top teams look like they've been in the NBA for a couple of years! I think a couple of those #1 teams could easily beat the Pacers. We'll be watching tonight...hope your favorite wins.
Love,
Mom

Tim said...

The Pacers have been playing well lately, so don't give up on them yet. I think they'll be significantly better next year. (Of course, in this case, that might just mean a .500 team, but that would be nice, no?)

I don't necessarily like Memphis, but my inexplicable anti-Kansas bias has me rooting for them. Must be something about growing up in Indiana.